Proteins are a group of popular sports nutrition supplements that are concentrated protein in powder form. For the production of protein shakes, various protein-containing ingredients are used: whey, soy, eggs, milk and others. Depending on the raw materials used, several types of sports protein are distinguished. The most popular are whey, casein and soy proteins. Whey protein is especially popular among athletes, as it quickly replenishes the lack of amino acids in the body. Serum protein begins to be absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract within 30 minutes after ingestion and is completely absorbed in about 2-4 hours. This cocktail is recommended to be consumed in the morning after waking up, as well as after training. Professional athletes use the supplement as a snack between meals. Today, sports nutrition stores offer a large number of protein supplements from different manufacturers. It is difficult for a novice athlete to navigate in all this variety, and in order to facilitate the choice, we have compiled a rating of the best whey proteins of 2018 in terms of value for money.
TOP BEST WHEY PROTEINS
1. Whey Gold Standard. The first place is deservedly taken by the supplement from the well-known American brand Optimum Nutrition. Contains highly digestible whey protein isolate and Imogen. There are 24 grams of pure protein in one serving.
2. The third-highest quality protein is MuscleTech’s Nitro-Tech Performance Series. Serum Isolate Muscle Gain Shake. Manufactured in the USA. Contains creatine monohydrate and calcium. It has a very sweet taste, which is not always liked by athletes. One serving contains about 30 grams of pure protein.
3. BSN Syntha-6 is a multi-component cocktail containing proteins with different nutrient release times. Contains whey and egg white, casein, and milk protein. It has a high-calorie content due to a large number of fats and carbohydrates in the composition.
4. Hydro Matrix from 4 Dimension Nutrition is a quality product that is popular with aspiring athletes. The protein part is represented by whey protein hydrolyzate, which differs in the rate of absorption in the digestive tract. A good cocktail for quick muscle replenishment. There are 24 grams of pure protein in one serving.
5. Universal Nutrition’s Ultra Whey Pro is a whey concentrate and isolate blend. Contains a minimum amount of fats and carbohydrates, so it is suitable not only for gaining muscle mass but also for weight loss. Contains 22 grams of pure protein per serving.
6. Syntrax Nectar is a protein shake that is free of fats and carbohydrates. Contains filtered whey protein isolate, which is a fast protein. Suitable for pre and post workouts. There are 23 grams of pure protein per serving.
7. Whey Protein from the renowned manufacturer Ironman. The cocktail is made based on whey protein concentrate and enriched with a vitamin mixture. Only 16 grams of protein per serving is lower than many similar supplements.